The purpose of this policy is to ensure maximum safekeeping of Company property.
This policy applies to
- All employees
Company equipment includes, but not limited to:
- All buildings, furnishings, fittings plant and equipment
- Time and attendance systems
- Tea, locker rooms
- Toilets and staff amenities
- Computers and other devices
- All vehicles
- Intellectual property
- Working apparatus
- Safety equipment
Employees need to be mindful that all equipment which they use, or has been issued to them to perform their jobs is owned by OzStaff or the Company to which they have been assigned to work.
It is the individual responsibility of all employees to;
- ask permission to use company property
- never remove company from the premises property without permission
- never use company property under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- ensure they have appropriate licencing, qualifications and experience to safety use company property
- ensure adequate training has been provided before using company property
- care for, safeguard and maintain company property and equipment
- immediately report to their supervisor, manager, HR department or compliance team, any theft, loss, tampering or misuse of company property
- Keep working, break and staff amenity areas clean and tidy
Requirements under loss/damage/theft;
It is the responsibility of the employee to notify the company immediate of loss/damage/theft to the item(s), as to the occurrence and/or explanation thereto. If the item (s) have been stolen, the
company also requires the employee to complete an Affidavit at their nearest Police Station within 24 hours from the estimated time of theft and forward the original document to the company.
Consequences under gross negligence or employee theft;
The company will conduct an investigation into any lost, damaged or stolen company property. Employees found grossly negligent or have committed theft will face disciplinary or dismissal. The company may refer the matter to the police and seek reasonable recovery costs, including deductions from employee wages to replace company property.
OZSTAFF DOWNLOAD CENTER