OzStaff has an obligation under the Victorian Health and Safety Act to provide a safe and health work environment to all staff.
- We are committed to ensuring the work environment at all OzStaff and Clients sites protect the health, safety, respect and productivity of all stakeholders.
- The use of drugs and / or alcohol may impair an individual’s capacity to perform their job safely, efficiently and risk injury or threaten the wellbeing of the employees, clients, contractors and stakeholders.
- OzStaff has a ZERO tolerance for drugs and alcohol in the workplace. Our policy is that no employee is to arrive at work, commence work, or to return to work, under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- This policy exists to maintain a work environment this is free from the effects of drug and alcohol use. The consequences of breaching this policy will result in disciplinary action or instant dismissal.
- OzStaff reserves the right to introduce drug and alcohol testing for employees on a random, with cause basis or blanket basis at all OzStaff and Client sites.
- If you take prescription drugs, please check with your doctor to establish if the use of the drug will impact on your work performance and particularly your ability to operate a motor vehicle. If so, please obtain written advice from your doctor and provide it to your manager.
- OzStaff observes a no smoking policy whilst on the premises. Smoking must only be carried out in the designated areas provided.
The purpose of this policy is about altering behavior and raising drug and alcohol awareness to create a safer working environment. This policy is not about creating a working environment which is harsh, unjust, or unfair. However, due to the importance of ensuring safety in the workplace, employees who breach this policy will be dealt with accordingly.
OZSTAFF DOWNLOAD CENTRE
Report an indecent or get IMMEDIATE support with on-site Drugs & Alcohol Testing
Submit a request, get live support online NOW! or call us on 1300 OZSTAFF.