|Position Title:||Maintenance Technician|
|Award/EBA:||STORAGE SERVICES & WHOLESALE AWARD 2010 (MA000084)|
|Reports to:||Site Manager|
Purpose of the job
The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and compliance.
- To ensure all electrical and mechanical systems operate in and out of the warehouse in order to support customer service KPI’s.
- Maintain operational excellence via improvement strategies on quality and efficiency with adherence to temperature requirements.
- Carry out planned, predictive and reactive maintenance.
- Maintain agreed inventory of Engineering spare parts and tools.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Perform preventive maintenance programmes as determined by the manufacturers equipment
- Respond efficiently to breakdown conditions so as to minimise equipment downtime
- Liaise with the Planner and Customer Service personnel to identify the impact of breakdown events on Customer Service amd mitigate accordingly
- Maintain records of preventive maintenance tasks completed and report any variations vs. plan
- Under breakdown conditions that are, or are likely to affect Customer Service, to advise management of options to resolve, including the calling in of other engineers to assist.
- Adhere to all site compliance efforts, Including Preventative Site Maintenance requirements, Storm Water Pollution Plan, Spill Prevention, Control and countermeasures, Waste water, Air permitting (as required), Universal Waste Management and Electrical Safety.
- Ensure OH&S, Environmental and Quality compliance is in accordance with established procedures, policies and work standards
- Maintain the professional performance and upkeep of all compliance record keeping, inspections, action lists and other programmatic duties.
- To support and influence self and others to facilitate a continuous improvement and lean measurable culture.
- To initiate procedures and operations that result in reduced cost and enhanced automation.
- To ensure that customer service and quality targets are met and/or exceeded
- To engage and liaise with customers in a professional and courteous manner
- To ensure accurate and prompt communication and assitance to customers
- To be pro-active in resolving issues and problems before they occur.
Quality, Safety, Health & Environment
- To observe all company quality requirements at all times.
- To undertake duties in a safe and appropriate manner, ensuring mitigation of any risk of incident or accidents.
- To follow all procedures and reporting requirements in relation to legislation and the company QHSE policies and working instructions
- Broad knowledge of the use of the applied planning system
- Wide experience in computers and software,
- Good mathematical skills,
- Knowledge of the warehouse system
- Experienced user of computer and software