|Position Title:||Multi Skilled Associate – MSA – Cold Storage|
|Working Hours (8hr shifts):||Day shift: 6am – 4pm, Afternoon shift: 2pm-12am, Night Shift: 10pm-8am|
|Award/EBA:||STORAGE SERVICES & WHOLESALE AWARD 2010 (MA000084)|
|Position contact:||OzStaff 1300 OZSTAFF (1300697823)|
Using RF scanning equipment, electric tuggers, reach and counterbalance forklifts, the MSA is responsible for picking/packing customer orders(case picking up to 25kg’s), and delivering them to the staging platform, replenishment and put-away of stock and positively adapting to working in various roles and departments (multi-skilling), as deemed necessary by operational demand . The MSA requires strong attention to detail, quality assurance and labeling standards and ensure product/pallet integrity is maintained inline with standard operating procedures.
Efficiently pick/pack customer orders for shipment, ensuring that the correct number and type of product is loaded and shipped. Assemble various types of merchandise for shipment. Carry or
transport orders to delivery platforms with material handling equipment (tuggers/reach or counter balance forklifts), and work to deadlines and meet set KPI’s in an organised manner delivering quality outcomes while maintaining a harmonious disposition.
Unpack, Unpick, Replenishment & Put-away
The MSA may need to perform unpack/unpick activities where such handling is necessary and report quality variances. MSA are also responsible to replenish and put-away stock as required or instructed ensuring products and pallets are free from damage and accurately labeled and placed in designated locations.
The MSA requires strong attention to detail, quality assurance and labeling standards and ensure product/pallet integrity is maintained inline with standard operating procedures and report any variances.
Conduct accurate physical inventories as required.
Safety, Sanitation, Security:
Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse. Conduct operations in a manner that promotes SAFETY. Comply with OHS standards
Operate forklift (reach and counterbalance), electric tuggers, pallet jacks, box cutters, manual and automated shrink-wrap equipment. On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on the equipment.
- a reliable history of previous work experience in COLD STORAGE (0 to -5 degrees Celsius), warehouse operations, specifically Case Picking, Replenishment and Put-Away
- competency in the use of relevant tools/equipment such as, RF scanners, reach and counter balance forklifts, electric tuggers plus knowledge of industry practices
- strong attention to detail, quality assurance and labeling standards that ensures product/pallet integrity is maintained inline with standard operating procedures
- practice strong SAFETY awareness and adhere to safety policies and procedures
- sound mechanical aptitude
- initiative and problem-solving capability
- ability to positively adapt to working in various operational roles and multiple departments (multi-skilling)
- physically fit and able to repeatedly and safely lift up to 25kg’s, at regular intervals during an 8-hour shift
- an enthusiastic working mindset that shows drive and a CAN-DO attitude
- the ability to provide a positive contribution in a dynamic and busy team environment
- ability to work in a fast paced environment meeting set deadlines and KPI’s in an organised manner delivering quality outcomes while maintaining a harmonious disposition
- adhere accurately to clothing and safety requirements
- reliably commit to working 8 hours per day from Monday – Friday
- to enjoy practical and manual work
- ability to communicate effectively in English (Written/Verbal)
- count and recognise numbers
Specific Skills and knowledge:
The MSA must be able to read and count accurately, do simple math, and write legibly. She/He must be able to operate a forklift, electric tugger and radio frequency equipment and have completed a forklift training program. The MSA will pick up to 25kg cases repetitively and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is critical. MSA’s must be able to follow directions be able to commit to ongoing work, 8 hours per day Monday-Friday.
- MSA’s on this site are paid in accordance with the STORAGE SERVICES & WHOLESALE AWARD 2010 (MA000084).