|Working Hours:||Rotating Shift|
|Award/EBA:||STORAGE SERVICES & WHOLESALE AWARD 2010 (MA000084)|
|Reports to:||Team Leader|
Purpose of the job
To undertake the planning and coordination of activities such as stock, resources, products as required for the logistical process to proceed smoothly in order to deliver clients’ orders and business needs expectations.
- An accurate schedule has been prepared for the day-to-day logistical activities
- The NewCold systems are monitored in such a way that schedule changes can be implemented promptly
- The logistical process is coordinated in such a way to allow the best possible performance.
- Responsible for planning the orders and coordinating the logistical activities of NewCold.
- Scheduling orders using the warehouse management system, in consultation with the assistant planner, in accordance with agreements with clients and hauliers
- Issuing process orders to forklift truck drivers and pickers
- Monitoring the schedule and making adjustments if necessary
- Maintaining daily contact with clients and hauliers or their representatives on progress, priorities, anomalies and problems
- Identifying anomalies and problems, informing the site manager, agreeing on measures to be taken
- Processing the administrative information relating to the logistical activities
- Managing the logistics employees
- To support and influence self and others to facilitate a continuous improvement and lean measurable culture.
- To initiate procedures and operations that result in reduced cost and enhanced automation.
- To ensure that customer service and quality targets are met and/or exceeded
- To engage and liaise with customers in a professional and courteous manner
- To ensure accurate and prompt communication and assitance to customers
- To be pro-active in resolving issues and problems before they occur.
Quality, Safety, Health & Environment
- To observe all company quality requirements at all times.
- To undertake duties in a safe and appropriate manner, ensuring mitigation of any risk of incident or accidents.
- To follow all procedures and reporting requirements in relation to legislation and the company QHSE policies and working instructions.
- Keeping up to date on developments in the area of work
- Actively exchanging information and knowledge with the other sites
- Actively working on the development of personal performance
- The planner manages the planning system of PL and the planning archive in accordance with the guidelines and agreements made with the Site Manager.
- Giving instructions to forklift truck drivers, operators and pickers in order for the logistical orders to be carried out efficiently.
- Broad knowledge of the use of the applied planning system
- Wide experience in computers and software,
- Good mathematical skills,
- Knowledge of the warehouse system
- Experienced user of computer and software